Security Policy - Managed Linux Hosting
1. Introduction This Security Policy outlines the measures and practices implemented by Townsend Consulting Services ("TCS") to ensure the security and integrity of data for its managed Linux hosting customers.
2. Purpose The purpose of this policy is to provide a clear framework for protecting customer data, ensuring compliance with industry standards, and mitigating potential security risks.
3. Physical Security
- TCS's infrastructure is housed in a state-of-the-art data center in the North East US.
- The data center employs multi-layered security controls, including 24/7 surveillance, biometric access controls, and secure entry points.
4. Data Security
- All data stored on TCS servers is encrypted both in transit and at rest.
- Regular security audits and vulnerability assessments are conducted to identify and address potential threats.
- Advanced firewalls and intrusion detection systems are in place to monitor and block malicious activity.
5. Third-Party Vendors and Sub-Contractors
- TCS may engage third-party vendors or sub-contractors to facilitate certain aspects of its hosting services.
- All third parties are subject to rigorous security assessments and are contractually obligated to maintain security standards that meet or exceed TCS's requirements.
- Data access by third parties is limited to what is strictly necessary to perform their tasks.
6. HIPAA Compliance
- TCS is committed to ensuring HIPAA compliance for medical providers using our services.
- All patient data is treated with the utmost confidentiality and security.
- Regular training is provided to TCS staff to ensure understanding and adherence to HIPAA regulations.
- TCS employs a designated HIPAA compliance officer to oversee and ensure adherence to all HIPAA-related security measures.
7. Incident Response
- In the event of a security breach or incident, TCS has a formal incident response plan in place.
- Affected customers will be notified promptly, and appropriate measures will be taken to mitigate the impact and prevent recurrence.
8. Data Backup
- Regular backups are conducted to ensure data integrity and availability.
- Backup data is encrypted and stored in secure locations, with provisions for swift recovery in case of data loss.
9. User Access Control
- Access to customer data is restricted to authorized TCS personnel only.
- Multi-factor authentication and strict password policies are enforced for all user accounts.
10. Review and Updates
- This Security Policy is reviewed annually and may be updated to reflect changes in technology, industry standards, or regulatory requirements.
- Customers will be notified of any significant changes to the policy.
11. Contact For any questions or concerns regarding this Security Policy, please contact us through our support portal.