Cyber Security Policy
At Townsend Consulting Services, we prioritize the security and integrity of our digital assets and client data. This Cyber Security Policy outlines our commitment to safeguarding our information systems and ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data.
- Access Control:
- Only authorized personnel will have access to critical information systems.
- User access will be reviewed periodically to ensure that only necessary and appropriate permissions are granted.
- Password Management:
- All users must adhere to strong password guidelines, including the use of alphanumeric characters, symbols, and regular password changes.
- Passwords must not be shared, written down, or stored without encryption.
- Data Protection:
- All sensitive client data will be encrypted both in transit and at rest.
- Regular backups will be performed, and backup data will be stored securely offsite.
- Network Security:
- Firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and intrusion prevention systems will be employed to monitor and protect our network.
- Regular network scans and vulnerability assessments will be conducted to identify and mitigate potential threats.
- Endpoint Security:
- All devices, including workstations, laptops, and mobile devices, will have up-to-date antivirus and antimalware software.
- Devices will be regularly patched with the latest security updates.
- Incident Response:
- In the event of a security breach or incident, a predefined incident response plan will be activated.
- All incidents will be documented, and corrective actions will be taken to prevent future occurrences.
- Employee Training:
- All employees will undergo regular cyber security awareness training, including recognizing and reporting phishing attempts and understanding best practices.
- Employees will be updated on any changes to this policy and related procedures.
- Third-Party Vendors:
- Any third-party vendors with access to our systems will be required to adhere to our cyber security standards.
- Regular audits will be conducted to ensure third-party compliance.
- Physical Security:
- Server rooms and data centers will be secured with access controls to prevent unauthorized entry.
- Surveillance systems will be in place to monitor critical areas.
- Software Development and Maintenance:
- Any software developed will follow secure coding practices.
- Regular code reviews will be conducted to identify and rectify potential vulnerabilities.
- Review and Audit:
- This Cyber Security Policy will be reviewed annually or after any significant incident.
- Regular audits will be conducted to ensure compliance with this policy and to identify areas for improvement.
We understand the evolving nature of cyber threats and are committed to staying ahead of potential risks. We believe that a proactive approach to cyber security is essential to our business's success and our clients' trust.