Backup Policy - Managed Linux Hosting
1. Introduction This Backup Policy outlines the backup services provided by Townsend Consulting Services ("TCS") as part of its managed Linux hosting services.
2. Standard Backup Plan
- TCS offers a backup plan with all managed hosting services primarily for disaster recovery purposes.
- These backups are designed to restore services in the event of system failures, data corruption, or other unforeseen disasters.
- Backups under this plan cannot be used for partial restores due to customer misuse or configuration changes of hosted services.
- Standard Disaster Recovery backups are included free of charge to all managed hosting clients.
3. 3-2-1 Strategy Backup Service
- Customers have the option to purchase the 3-2-1 Strategy backup service for enhanced data protection.
- This strategy ensures:
- Three Distinct Copies: Maintain three separate copies of your data.
- Two Different Storage Media: Store data across two different types of storage media.
- One Off-Site Backup: Keep one backup stored off-site to ensure resilience against site-specific calamities.
- This approach guarantees data redundancy, accessibility across varied media, and resilience against unforeseen disasters.
4. Backup Frequency
- Standard Backup Plan: Backups are taken daily and retained for 30 days.
- 3-2-1 Strategy Backup Service: Backups are taken daily, with weekly and monthly snapshots retained for 6 months.
5. Backup Integrity
- TCS ensures the integrity of backups through regular verification processes.
- Any issues identified during verification are addressed promptly to ensure data reliability.
6. Backup Restoration
- In the event of a disaster, TCS will use the most recent backup to restore services.
- Customers using the 3-2-1 Strategy backup service can specify which backup version they wish to restore from, within their retention period.
- Backups under the standard plan are for disaster recovery purposes only and cannot be used for partial restorations due to customer actions.
- Customers are responsible for informing TCS of any significant data changes or needs to ensure appropriate backup coverage.
8. Changes to this Policy
- TCS reserves the right to update this Backup Policy from time to time.
- Customers will be notified of any significant changes to the policy.
9. Contact For any questions, concerns, or to request a backup restoration, please contact us through our support portal.